: Akrab, “scorpion, wounding”
: Al Aterah, “wounding”
: Isidis, “the attack of the enemy, oppression”
1. Antares – wounding, tearing, perverseness
2. Lesath – the perverse
3. Al Gubi – heaped up high
4. Zuben Akarbi – the price of conflict
Decans (associated constellations)
1. Seperents – the serpent
2. Ophiuchus – the serpent-holder
3. Hercules – the mighty man, the Head of him who bruises, the Branch kneeling
Israel Tribe Association
– Dan, meaning judge
: chalcedony, which means affliction, torture
Genesis 3:15 – I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel (ESV)
Romans 16:20 – The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. (ESV)
Scorpio represents a scorpion that stings its enemy. The decan Serpernts means serpent or snake. The decan Ophiuchus means the serpent-holder, or one who commands the snake. The decan Hercules conquered many evils including the Nemean lion, the Lernaean Hydra, the Ceryneian Hind, and the Erymanthian Boar. These symbols tie in with Genesis 3, in which Satan takes the form of a snake, and fights God. God will take some hits, but in the end He will be victorious over Satan.
Return from Scorpio to Zodiac
Enjoy this page? Pay it forward! Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.